Johor to Terengganu (SCT Tour of Malaysia - a 3-part cycling series) is suitable for the enthusiast cyclists who want to get out there to ride continuously (like a multi-day stage race), yet with a more balanced cycling-holiday mindset !
SCT has been operating cycling trips throughout Malaysia for almost a decade, taking hundreds and hundreds of cyclists of various levels to cycle all over Malaysia. Apart from the usual Desaru, Malacca, Frasers, Cameron, Ipoh, Penang, we also did Thailand to Singapore on 3 occasions previously.
From 2020, we are ready to take our Malaysia cycling to the next level, mainly for the community in Singapore & around the region.
SCT Tour of Malaysia (East Coast Route) is 1st part of the entire Tour of Malaysia (Grand Loop) which will be announced over the next few days.
Tour of Malaysia (East Coast Route) takes you from the southwestern tip of Johor up to Terengganu along the South China Sea via Mersing & Kuantan. This multi-day expedition will end in a luxurious beach resort.
Our SCT-trained SSVs (Support-Sweeper Vehicles) with escort the peleton closely throughout the entire expedition, providing daily-luggage transfers, route leadership and markers, amenities (cold isotonics/water/nutritients), photo-taking of our cyclists.
Our SSVs is an overall safety vehicle for the group in case of inclement weather/emergencies, especially in this east coast route as it is much quieter and lesser amenities compared to the west route.
You can be ASSURED with a PEACE OF MIND when you join our fully-supported cycling trips.
1) Almost traffic lights-free cycling route on good tarmacs
2) varying terrain with mixture of rolling hills, flat coastal, and quiet Malay villages for a well-balanced experience in a typical Malaysia cycling trip
3) visit of Malaysian eastern coast towns such as Mersing, Kuantan & Chukai
4) Taste of local food & spices
5) 1st series of our Tour of Malaysia (Grand Loop)
29Apr-04May2020 (Postponed due to COVID-19)
Event Grade: 4/4+
Cycling Distance: 530km (est.)
Cycling Pace: 25-30km/hr (or at your own pace)
Total ascent: 2900m
Longest day: 150km
SGD1090/pax (twin-share, min. 6pax to go)
Single supplement: SGD290
1) 5 nights accommodations
2) full-board 15 meals (5B, 5L, 5D)
3) SCT Support Sweeper Vehicles (SSVs) escorting
4) land transfer direct back to Singapore on Day06
5) cold water/isotonic drinks/nutritient during cycling
6) 1x ferry from Changi to Pengerang
7) 1x sumptuous celebration dinner at end point resort
(*cyclists who finish the entire Grand Loop within 2 years will be awarded our Tour of Malaysia special jersey & finisher medal)
Bikes : Bring Own Bike
OR we have quality road bikes available for rental
(Polygon C6 Disc Full Carbon / S3 Alux / Trek Domane 2.5)
2) We will reply you with a CONFIRMATION along with payment details once we have received the above
Closes 3 weeks before departure
(Or till seats on ferry/transport filled up)
ITINERARY OVERVIEW: (East Coast Route)
(* details will be shared via private event Whatsapp for those registered)
Stage01 - Changi / Sedili (90km) - Event flag-off at Pengerang
Meet & Greet at Changi Ferry Point Terminal for our chartered ferry to Pengerang Johor. Load up your luggage onto our SSV.
Stage02 - Sedili / Mersing (98km)
Stage03 - Mersing / Pekan (150km)
Stage04 - Pekan / Chukai (110km)
Stage05 - Chukai / Terengganu (80km)
Celebration dinner at a luxurious resort hosted by SCT & our YTL hotel partner
Day06 - Departure back to SG (drive)
Load up our chartered transport for your transfer direct back to Singapore (or own departure)