Perak Ipoh to Johor Bahru (SCT Tour of Malaysia - a 3-part cycling series) is suitable for the enthusiast cyclists who simply to get out there to ride continuously (much like a multi-day stage races), but in a more relax/cycling-holiday mindset !
SCT has been operating cycling trips throughout Malaysia for almost a decade, taking hundreds and hundreds of cyclists of various levels to cycle all over Malaysia. Apart from the usual Desaru, Malacca, Frasers, Cameron, Ipoh, Penang. We also run Thailand to Singapore Cycling Expedition.
You will start from Ipoh of Perak state and finish the ride in Batu Pahat of Johor state from Stage 10-13.
We will transfer you up to Ipoh (optional: own flights) and back to SG by coach from the end-point in Batu Pahat.
Our SCT-trained SSVs (Support-Sweeper Vehicles) with escort the peleton closely throughout the entire expedition, providing daily-luggage transfers, route leadership and markers, amenities (cold isotonics/water/nutritients), photo-taking of our cyclists.
Our SSVs is an overall safety vehicle for the group in case of inclement weather/emergencies.
You can be ASSURED with a PEACE OF MIND when you join our fully-supported cycling trips.
1) Almost traffic lights-free cycling routes
2) Historical heritage town of Ipoh & UNESCO site Malacca
3) Covering the Malaysian states of Perak, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka & Johor
4) delectable local food awaits at each stop
5) 3rd series of our overall Tour of Malaysia (Grand Loop)
Event Grade: 3-4 (Challenging)
Cycling Distance: 500km (est.)
Cycling Pace: 20-25km/hr (or at your own pace)
Total ascent: 2500m
SGD1090/pax (twin-share, min. 6pax to go)
Single supplement: SGD250
1) 5 nights accommodations
2) full-board 15 meals (5B, 5L, 5D)
3) SCT Support Sweeper Vehicles (SSVs) escorting
4) Direct transfers SG-Terengganu & back from Ipoh-SG with bikes
5) cold water/isotonic drinks/nutritient during cycling
6) sumptuous welcome & celebration dinners
(*cyclists who finish the entire Grand Loop within 2 years will be awarded our Tour of Malaysia special edition jersey & finisher medal)
Bikes : Bring Own Bike
OR we have quality road bikes available for rental
(Polygon C6 Disc Full Carbon / S3 Alux / Trek Domane 2.5)
2) We will reply you with a CONFIRMATION along with payment details once we have received the above
Sign up by: 30Sep2020
(Or till seats on ferry/transport filled up)
ITINERARY OVERVIEW (West Coast Route):
(* details will be shared via private event Whatsapp for those registered)
* Over the Xmas Long Weekend 20-25Dec2020
Day01 SG / Arrive to Ipoh
Meet & Greet at our starting point event hotel in downtown Ipoh. Event briefing & welcome dinner.
Day02 Stage10 - Start point / Sekinchan (155km)
Event flag-off at hotel. Today is a relativel easy ride, as it is downslope from Ipoh down to the coastline of Sungei Besar and Sekinchan.
Day03 Stage11 - Sekinchan / Sepang (140km)
Day04 Stage12 - Sepang / Melaka (120km)
Day05 Stage13 - Melaka / Batu Pahat (100km)
Celebration dinner hosted in Batu Pahat by SCT & our hotel partner.
Day06 - Departure back to SG (drive)
Load up our chartered transport for your transfer direct back to Singapore (or own departure)