One of the Most ICONIC CLIMB in the world!
Taiwan WuLing 3275m, is the highest passable road atop HeHuanShan & Taroko gorge near Hualien county. Wuling is the end point of the annual KoM Challenge Race organised by the Taiwan Cyclist Federation in October.
It attracts professionals, elites & enthusiasts from more than 50 countries, including former Giro d’Italia and Tour de France winner Vincenzo Nibali & 2010 Time Trial World Champion Emma Pooley just to named a few.
The actual KoM Challenge Race has a strict cut-off time of just 6.5hours (timed section 85km) where competitors need to climb from sea-level near the entrance of Taroko Gorge ear Hualien up to 3275m Wuling. This might be too tough for many cyclists.
SCT created this Taiwan KoM Experience Tour so that any cyclist could join us to ride the same journey and reach the top of 3275m, At Your Own Pace, to complete it.
Our itinerary split the ride into 1.5 days, with a one night stay up in the mountain lodge near Wuling summit. This way, you can enjoy the journey, the great mountain view & fresh air, before continuing the most demanding final 15km ascend the next day. There is a seat to provide that needed support should you need it.
Join our KoM Experience Tour to enjoy this epic climb! Anyone can climb with SCT.
Taiwan KoM Wuling Experience
Event Grade: 3+/4 (Challenging)
Discipline: Road tarmac / Climbing
No. of Cycle Days: 2-3
Cycle Distance: est. or 320km (ave 70km/day)
Ascent: 3500m (full-support with van for luggage transfers & a seat for everyone)
Terrain: 100% road tarmac
4D Land Cost :
fr S$950/pax (twin-share, min. 4 pax to go)
Single sup: S$220
1) 3 nights accommodation (1 night in the mountains)
2) 2-way airport transfers (main group arrival/departure)
3) All land transfers / luggage transfer Taipei-Hualien-Taipei
4) Almost full-board: 3 breakfasts + 1 lunch + 1 dinner (on climbing day)
5) water/isotonic drinks & snacks during cycling
6) Very Experienced Cycling guide & Bike Mechanic Support
7) SSV (Support Sweeper Vehicle) during rides
8) Detailed Pre-Departure Briefing & Trip Preparation
* Excludes International airfares & other meals
Add-on: S$180 for rental of bike (GIANT road/hybrid)
We will advise you on the recommended international flight (for main group) to Taipei
>>> HOW TO SIGN UP <<<
2. We will contact you to follow up & you will be added to the event Whatsapp group for further comms thereafter.
? PM/Email us for more details
Day01 - Arrive Taipei / Transfer to Hualien (3hrs)
Upon arriving to Taipei, meet & greet by our team for your 3hr drive to Hualien. Check in to your hotel. Bike setup & preparation. In the afternoon, we will do a leisure ride to QiXingTan (the actual start point of the KoM Challenge). We will brief you the details of the ride over dinner.
Day02 - Hualien / Start KoM Experience Ride / WuLing
After breakfast, we will transfer you out to the start point, bridge at Taroko gorge to commence your KoM Experience journey. There is planned late lunch-stop at Bilv sacred tree (60km mark). Stay overnight near the summit (70km)
Day03 - Continue the remaining (15km) & Complete your KoM Experience
The last segment of the climb is the hardest & steepest, reaching up to 27% gradient at some sections. But you will be very pleased with your achievements when you reach the summit. Congratulations! Enjoy the scenery, before we descend down & drive back to Taipei.
Day04 - Departure from Taipei (* join our next trip OR own extension)
* During the KoM climb, we will have a van to provide full-support n safety just in case. There Will Be A Seat for Everyone At All times !!
Best of East Taiwan - Hualien Taitung