3 KEY DIFFERENCES of SCT Taiwan Round Island Cycling
> 1) DIY-STYLE WITH SSV SUPPORT
This is the MOST Important element of our Taiwan DIY-RI.
First of all, we will issue every cyclist the GPX file we plan for the route.
* What this means to you is that you are able to cycle confidently On Your Own, OR Collectively Together with cyclists of the same pace. You do not need to rush nor be restricted by how you want to spend your time everyday.
* We value PERSONAL time in cycling, hence by doing our DIY RI, you can be informed of the daily route to take, where you can stop for meals/breaks, which hotels you will end up for the night, AND YET able to cycle like a personal adventure!
(There will be a SCT cycle-leader/guide for >10pax).
* SCT DIY Taiwan Round-Island will give you that "SENSE of ADVENTURE" as if you are on your own. It still come with our Support Sweeper Vehicle (SSV) to carry your luggage & to provide assistance in the event of mechanical issue or when you decide to take it easy for that day.
> 2) 'UP THE BAR' CYCLE PLAN (* 8 instead of usual 9 cycle-days)
Feedback from most people are: 9D for 968km is "alittle relax for experienced cyclists".
Hence, for our DIY Taiwan RI, we inject some elements of challenge, keeping it to 10days in total (ie. 8 Cycle Days, averaging 110km/day) just to push that bar alittle higher.
Apart from following main RI Cycling Route 1, we replace some segments to detour into unique back-country lanes for sight-seeing. You will be rewarded with SURPRISES every now & then!
After all, we do not want to complete this journey, simply cycling from hotel to hotel.
* From our extensive research + own local knowledge over the years, combined with valuable inputs from our local SSV drivers/friends whom have been with us for years, you can be assured of the BEST way to make this journey.
* We include a well-balanced accommodation types so that you can gain a wonderful experience from the journey.
* Local food hunt, cold springs 冷泉, usual bike stops, 天灯，are part of our inclusions.
> 3) SMALL GROUP CYCLING
Unlike joining other bigger players or in a mega event, we will operate our RI from just 4pax to go!
You can also gather your own friends you are comfortable with to cycle together in sub-groups, OR simply go out on your own following our GPX route.